Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ok, the grass really IS greener...

if this is the view from your house --

This is the exterior of the house viewed from the beach -- in the heart of Seaside, FL


Pretty nice, huh?   This will set you back a cool $6.2 MIL!  And that's for a whopping 2,800 sq ft.   Oh, but the listing says that "supermodels, movie stars, prime ministers, and discerning families from across the country" have stayed there -- so that makes it worth it, right?

Just returned recently from a 3-day vacay to the Destin area.  My parents had never seen the 30-A area so I wanted to take them for a driving tour.  They couldn't quite believe it.  The real estate just goes on and on and on.  I don't think I'd ever driven too much off of Hwy 30 and actually taken some of the side streets through Watercolor and Seaside.  Unbelievable.  And that these are people's SECOND homes!   I realize they rent them out, but still!   In this economy, surely they're not seeing the rental income they used to.  I wonder what the foreclosure rate is?

Fell in LOVE with a new-ish community further east from Seaside called Alys Beach.  Totally different look from the colorful cottages of the rest of South Walton.  ALL WHITE -- total Mediterranean look.  When I win the lottery (and I AM going to one of these days -- have to buy tickets, though), this is where I'm buying my vacation home --

Yes, this is someone's private courtyard with pool.  I WANT!

No comments:

Post a Comment